Without a doubt, this tour traverses the most multicultural few blocks you will find anywhere in the city, with Mexican, Portuguese and Latin American influences. Eat up!
What’s Featured: Get a taste of this historic neighbourhood that is rapidly becoming one of the coolest parts of town.
The Food & Drink: 7 tastings & 2 alcoholic beverages at 6 eateries
Meeting Point: In front of the historic Ralph Thornton Centre – 765 Queen St. East – on the corner of Queen and Sautler
Time: Saturday at 11:30 a.m.
Duration: 4 hours
Experience the vibrant East End food scene
Taste the tour that started it all. This was Chef Scott’s first tour ever way back in 2010 and the one that helped him pioneer the food tour business in Toronto. Riverside Leslieville holds a special place in his heart. What began as a small town back in the 1850s has now become a food lover’s paradise full of great restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops, and specialty food stores. The area has changed from its rough and tumble beginnings to a booming community of baby strollers and puppies as young families embrace an urban lifestyle only 10 minutes from downtown. As we stroll and taste our way along historic Queen St. East you will experience the small town feel that is still there today. But don’t let that fool you, this has become one of the hottest neighbourhoods in the city. Celebrity Chef Lynn Crawford’s restaurant Ruby Watchco is just one of the many vibrant restaurants in the area. Tastings include the best bread in the city, Korean fried chicken, wood-fired pizza, the city’s best homemade ice cream, a visit to a hidden craft brewery, and a taste of an iconic Toronto culinary classic recently proclaimed “Toronto’s Signature Dish” by Mayor John Tory
The east side is coming alive
- All preselected food and drink
- Restaurant taxes and gratuities
- Small group walking tour with local food and drink expert guide
- Vegetarian options are available upon request
- Gluten-free and vegan options may be available. Please inquire at time of booking
- Please indicate any dietary restrictions or food allergies at time of booking
- Tour guide gratuities, at your discretion
- Souvenirs and personal items
- Any extra food and/or drinks you may wish to purchase
- Transportation to and from tour starting/ending point
- Tours run in all weather conditions; please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear comfortable footwear
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government-issued photo ID
- Please note tickets are final sale and are NON-REFUNDABLE but are transferable. If you absolutely cannot make it, please feel free to give them to a friend or relative. They will love you for it
- If you wish to exchange your tickets for another date you may do so by calling our office at 416-699-7784 at least 7 days in advance of your regularly scheduled tour date. A $15.00 fee per guest will apply. We are sorry but we cannot exchange tickets for tours scheduled within 7 days
- The tour leaves promptly at the designated start time. If you are lost or running late, please call 416-699-7784