St. Lawrence Market has been around longer than Canada and the city of Toronto itself, making it a must-see for locals and tourists. Come try some tasty market classics!
What’s Featured: Visit one of the largest Chinatowns in North America
The Food & Drink: Enjoy 12 tastings at 6 different shops and eateries
Meeting Point: In front of Rexall Drugstore, 474 Spadina Ave. on the South West corner of College St. & Spadina Ave.
Time: Thursday – Monday at 11:30 a.m.
Duration: 3 hours
Learn Asian food customs and traditions
Chinese cooking is one of the oldest and most diverse cuisines in the world. In fact, each of the 23 provinces in China has its own cooking style. Toronto is lucky to be home to one of the largest Chinatowns in the Western Hemisphere. Sometimes referred to as the “Original Chinatown,” it is one of six Chinatowns in the Greater Toronto Area.
This neighbourhood is a beehive of activity with its many shops, cheap housewares, fruit and vegetable stalls, traditional Chinese herbal medicine dispensaries, and of course, tons of great food. It can be a pretty intimidating place for those who are unfamiliar with the food and customs of the culture. Let our knowledgeable guide lead the way through a tutored tasting that begins with a traditional Chinese bakery and includes Cantonese, Fukin, an authentic Hong Kong Dim Sum experience, traditional window food and a visit to a Chinese Supermarket.
Along the way, learn the history and culture of the community, including one woman’s fight to keep the community from being demolished, as well as tidbits of etiquette and ancient customs. So “Chī dé hǎo hē” 吃得好喝 which translates to “eat well and drink!” We hope to see you soon!
- What's Included
- All preselected food and drink
- Restaurant taxes and gratuities
- Small group walking tour with local food and drink expert guide
- Vegetarian options are available upon request
- Gluten-free and vegan options may be available. Please inquire at time of booking
- Please indicate any dietary restrictions or food allergies at time of booking
- What's Not Included
- Tour guide gratuities, at your discretion
- Souvenirs and personal items
- Any extra food and/or drinks you may wish to purchase
- Transportation to and from tour starting/ending point
- Alcoholic beverages
- Important Information
- Tours run in all weather conditions; please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear comfortable footwear
- Baby strollers may not fit in all restaurants and may require being left outside
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government-issued photo ID
- Please note tickets are final sale and are NON-REFUNDABLE but are transferable. If you absolutely cannot make it, please feel free to give them to a friend or relative. They will love you for it
- If you wish to exchange your tickets for another date you may do so by calling our office at 416-699-7784 at least 7 days in advance of your regularly scheduled tour date. A $15.00 fee per guest will apply. We are sorry but we cannot exchange tickets for tours scheduled within 7 days
- The tour leaves promptly at the designated start time. If you are lost or running late, please call 416-699-7784