St. Lawrence Market has been around longer than Canada and the city of Toronto itself, making it a must-see for locals and tourists. Come try some tasty market classics!
What’s Featured: Tour one of the largest Greektowns in North America. Taste authentic Greek food made from scratch using old family recipes
The Food & Drink: Enjoy 8 dishes and 2 Greek wines at 4 eateries
Meeting Point: Next to the statue in Alexander the Great Parkette on the northeast corner of Danforth and Logan Ave
Time: Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Duration: 4 hours
Sink your teeth into Greek atmosphere, character and awesome food
Chef Scott learned the restaurant business from a Greek restaurateur when he started working in kitchens at the age of 12. He has always had a great respect for their culture and work ethic. Several years ago, a local greek celebrity chef and cookbook author, Peter Minaki, took Chef Scott to Greektown here in Toronto to show him some of the best places to eat. Needless to say, he has never stopped going back.
Taste the best calamari, gyros, Greek mezes, lamb and fish along with a little Greek wine to wash it all down. When we are not busy eating, your guide is happy to show you the sights and sounds of the neighbourhood, like where “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” was filmed. If you’re lucky you might even meet the restaurant owner who had a small role in the sequel!
Meet us in Greektown! Opa!
- What's Included
- All preselected food and drink
- Restaurant taxes and gratuities
- Small group walking tour with local food and drink expert guide
- Vegetarian options are available upon request
- Gluten-free and vegan options may be available. Please inquire at time of booking
- Please indicate any dietary restrictions or food allergies at time of booking
- What's Not Included
- Tour guide gratuities, at your discretion
- Souvenirs and personal items
- Any extra food and/or drinks you may wish to purchase
- Transportation to and from tour starting/ending point
- Important Information
- Tours run in all weather conditions; please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear comfortable footwear
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government-issued photo ID
- Please note tickets are final sale and are NON-REFUNDABLE but are transferable. If you absolutely cannot make it, please feel free to give them to a friend or relative. They will love you for it
- If you wish to exchange your tickets for another date you may do so by calling our office at 416-699-7784 at least 7 days in advance of your regularly scheduled tour date. A $15.00 fee per guest will apply. We are sorry but we cannot exchange tickets for tours scheduled within 7 days
- The tour leaves promptly at the designated start time. If you are lost or running late, please call 416-699-7784