St. Lawrence Market has been around longer than Canada and the city of Toronto itself, making it a must-see for locals and tourists. Come try some tasty market classics!
What’s Featured: Visit Toronto neighbourhoods going back to the mid-1800s. Enjoy a five course meal and tour what was once the largest distillery in the world.
The Food & Drink: 10 tastings at 5 eateries. Enjoy 3 spirit and 2 beer samples
Meeting Point: In front of the main gates into the distillery district, 55 Mill St., near the gatekeeper’s office.
Time: Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
Duration: 4 hours
Taste amazing flavors where old meets new
Join us on a leisurely stroll as we eat our way through an iconic Toronto neighbourhood that began in the early 19th century as a home to the Irish immigrants that built this city. Steeped in history, this area was home to the breweries, brickyards, cork stop makers and the largest distillery in the world. As we walk the quaint laneways of Corktown we can see fine examples of British row houses, and the cobblestone streets of the distillery will give way to the finest preserved examples of industrial architecture in North America. Along the way, revel in fun facts, history and humorous stories of the city. This is truly an area of contrasts from historic neighbourhoods to the brand new Canary district, home of the 2015 Pan American Games Athletes’ Village. Tasting highlights include the the city’s best coffee, a 5 course Asian Fusion lunch, a visit to a café housed in the distillery’s original lunch room, craft beers, a uniquely Ontario dessert, a visit to a chocolatier that has recently been awarded best dark chocolate in the world and a behind the scenes tour & tasting at a modern working distillery. We guarantee you a full belly and a newfound knowledge of Toronto.
Sink your teeth into Corktown with us!
- All preselected food and drink
- Restaurant taxes and gratuities
- Small group walking tour with local food and drink expert guide
- Vegetarian options are available upon request
- Gluten-free and vegan options may be available. Please inquire at time of booking
- Please indicate any dietary restrictions or food allergies at time of booking
- Tour guide gratuities, at your discretion
- Souvenirs and personal items
- Any extra food and/or drinks you may wish to purchase
- Transportation to and from tour starting/ending point
- Tours run in all weather conditions; please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear comfortable footwear
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government-issued photo ID
- Please note tickets are final sale and are NON-REFUNDABLE but are transferable. If you absolutely cannot make it, please feel free to give them to a friend or relative. They will love you for it
- If you wish to exchange your tickets for another date you may do so by calling our office at 416-699-7784 at least 7 days in advance of your regularly scheduled tour date. A $15.00 fee per guest will apply. We are sorry but we cannot exchange tickets for tours scheduled within 7 days
- The tour leaves promptly at the designated start time. If you are lost or running late, please call 416-699-7784