Step into the underbelly of the city as we discover a world of gin joints, cocktail lounges and secret bars on a late night drink tour curated by a chef and a bar owner.
What’s Featured: Hear stories of Prohibition-era Toronto and its ties to gangsters, rum-runners and America’s powerful Kennedy family
The Drinks: Enjoy 5 whiskeys & 3 cocktails at 4 different watering holes
Meeting Point: West entrance of the Delta Hotel Lobby, 75 Lower Simcoe St.
Time: Thursday at 6 p.m.
Duration: 4 hours
Learn all about whiskey and whiskey cocktails
Think of this Toronto whiskey tour as a roving whiskey dinner. Ever wonder what a backseat was? Or what the difference is between a Pot Still and a Coffey Still? Get to know tasting terms and barley types and find out what exactly is the “Angels Share.”
With a focus on Canadian whiskeys and food pairings, we start our night at a place that bills itself as “Canada’s Whiskey Bar” for a Canadian whiskey flight and shareable appetizers. Then it’s off to an iconic Toronto landmark – the hotel that whiskey built – for their signature whiskey cocktail. Then a quick trip through the original red light district, a visit to Toronto’s first bank and a visit to a defunct leather manufacturer that has been turned into a bar. We end the night at an iconic whiskey lounge where we experience a whiskey and chocolate pairing. No whiskey experience would be complete without mixing in a bit of drink history and tales of prohibition-era Toronto. Prepare to feel well-fed and happily hydrated by the end of the night. Whether you are a whiskey novice or a malt master, this tour is a perfect blend of modern and old-school. The tour includes all selected whiskey tastings, food pairings, and restaurant/bar gratuities.
Raise your glass to this Toronto whiskey tour!”
- All preselected food and drink
- Restaurant taxes and gratuities
- Small group walking tour with local food and drink expert guide
- Vegetarian options are available upon request
- Gluten-free and vegan options may be available. Please inquire at time of booking
- Please indicate any dietary restrictions or food allergies at time of booking
- Tour guide gratuities, at your discretion
- Souvenirs and personal items
- Any extra food and/or drinks you may wish to purchase
- Transportation to and from tour starting/ending point
- Tours run in all weather conditions; please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear comfortable footwear
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government-issued photo ID
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who has accidentally had one too many. No refunds will be issued
- Please note tickets are final sale and are NON-REFUNDABLE but are transferable. If you absolutely cannot make it, please feel free to give them to a friend or relative. They will love you for it
- If you wish to exchange your tickets for another date you may do so by calling our office at 416-699-7784 at least 7 days in advance of your regularly scheduled tour date. A $15.00 fee per guest will apply. We are sorry but we cannot exchange tickets for tours scheduled within 7 days
- The tour leaves promptly at the designated start time. If you are lost or running late, please call 416-699-7784