Join Chef Scott and pitmaster Jason Rees for an evening of classic BBQ smoking – low and slow. Learn about different woods, smokers, and charcoals, and enjoy craft beer pairings.
What’s Featured: Learn all about oysters from cultivation to table
The Food & Drink: Pair 4-6 varieties of oysters with champagne, craft beer, Ontario wine and cocktails. Taste the famous cooked Oysters Rockefeller.
Meeting Point: The Peasants Table 782 Queen Street East
Time: Selected Sundays at 1:00 pm
Duration: 3.5 hours
Taste oysters from coast to coast
Jonathan Swift is quoted as having said, “He was a bold man that first ate an oyster,” but evidence of oyster consumption goes back to prehistoric times. Oysters were an important food source in all coastal areas where they could be found, and oyster fisheries formed an important industry when they were plentiful. Like a fine wine, raw oysters have complex flavors that vary greatly among varieties and regions: salty, briny, buttery, metallic, or even fruity. Join us as we learn all about these tasty bivalves. Learn how to select, store, shuck, prepare, eat and even cook oysters from both the east and west coasts. With 18 oysters each to perfect your shucking skills, you can impress your friends by preparing this elegant appetizer. Pair the oysters with spirits, champagne, white wine, craft beer, and cocktails. Take the fun home with your very own Oyster Knife. Show your friends what a talented mother shucker you are.
- An expert instructor
- Selected food and drinks
- Restaurant taxes and gratuities
- Vegetarian options are available upon request
- Please indicate any dietary restrictions or food allergies at time of booking
- Tour guide gratuities, at your discretion
- Souvenirs and personal items
- Any extra food and/or drinks you may wish to purchase
- Transportation to and from tour starting/ending point
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government-issued photo ID
- Please note tickets are final sale and are NON-REFUNDABLE but are transferable. If you absolutely cannot make it, please feel free to give them to a friend or relative. They will love you for it
- If you wish to exchange your tickets for another date you may do so by calling our office at 416-699-7784 at least 7 days in advance of your regularly scheduled tour date. A $15.00 fee per guest will apply. We are sorry but we cannot exchange tickets for tours scheduled within 7 days
- The class starts promptly at the designated start time. If you are lost or running late, please call 416-699-7784